Wednesday 16 February 2011

Morning in the city

Today it had to be an early morning run or nothing. With the social workers from Waltham Forest dropping in for our review meeting there was no other window of opportunity for exercise. So when dawn broke I dragged myself out of bed, necked a glass of juice and headed out into the gloom. To say that I felt half-asleep is a dramatic under-statement; if I didn't know better I'd say that someone was trying to take me down with a tranquilizer gun! With nothing better to do though I started putting one foot in front of the other and squelched my way through Coldfall Wood. Nice.

I still felt groggy when it came to the halfway point around by Alexandra Palace (so there was no way I was going to flog myself over the hill) but I soon perked up when a policeman stopped me in mid-stride. Just a few questions Sir! Well it turns out that a not-very-nice man has been assaulting people in the local parks recently with the culmination being that he actually killed one unlucky individual in early January. Fortunately this thug has been caught and locked up but enquiries continue:


Sadly I wasn't able to help; partly because I've a terrible memory for faces (or many other things really) and partly because most of my running recently has been at lunchtime. Anyway while the current threat has passed I did pick up the pace after this little chat! Which is not to say that I exactly felt 'great' even then but I did manage to work up a sweat. So mission accomplished I think.


Distance: 7.3 miles
Time: 58m 16s

No comments:

Post a Comment