Saturday 5 February 2011

More pain at the weekend

After Tuesday's shocker today was my first post-injury jaunt on the ol' legs and it was pretty so-so; which mostly reflects my feelings in general right now. It's amazing how a taste of incapacity and pain really drains the fun out of life - I can't imagine how I'd cope with something chronic without some serious medication. Anyway a few pills and a lot of Deep Heat seems to be helping and luckily today was just a short, gentle jog around the local streets:


It was nice enough I suppose (lots of chat and a decent push up the Bishops Avenue) but my heart wasn't really in it today. Still there are some snowdrops pushing through on the Heath, the weather is a whole heap milder and the days are getting longer. Also I managed to pick up my new running shoes (Brooks Addiction's) from Sweatshop along with a new long-sleeved top and some shorts (both reduced in the sale) so retail therapy has helped a bit. There's nothing like a new bit of kit to make you want to go out running and see how it feels!

Distance: 6.1 miles
Time: 55m 07s 

No comments:

Post a Comment